It is the executive body of the Agency. The Secretary General is liable to the Board of Directors. The Units under Secretariat General are;
- Searching and Planning Unit
- Program Management Unit
- Monitoring and Evaluation Unit
- Supporting Services (Human Resources, Financial Resources and Information Technologies)
- Promotion and Cooperation Unit
- Erzurum, Erzincan and Bayburt Investment Support Offices
There are 32 specialists and 9 support staff.
Duties and Authorities of Secretary General
- To implement the decisions of The Board of Directors.
- To prepare work plan and budget and submit to approval of Board of Directors.
- To collect revenues of development agency according to the “Law on The Establishment and Duties of Development Agencies” (No. 5449) and related regulations.
- To decide on purchase, sale, rental of movables except for transports according to authority given by Boardf Directors.
- To increase project preparing and implementing capacity of institutions and people in the region.
- To make proposals to Board of Directors for providing financial support to private sector, public sector and local authorities.
- To monitor, evaluate, control and report the supported projects and activities.
- To cooperate and make joint projectson regional development with domestic and international agencies and other institutions ,
- To provide technical support to planning activities of local authorities,
- To determine and evaluate performance criteria of staff,
- To make proposals to Board of Directors about employing or firing staff,
- To participate national and international meetings about regional development,
- To carry on other services within the context of duties of development agency,
- To use authority given by Board of Directors,
- To participate Board of Directors’ meetings,
- To propose budget results to Board of Directors in March at the end of budget period,
- To propose internal audit reports to Board of Directors and Development Council.
Searching and Planning Unit
Searching and Planning Unit of Northeast Anatolia Development Agency has the principle of pioneering local institutions by preparing regional plans through participatory and transparent methods. In addition to this the Unit carries on research and development activities and determines potentials and needs of the region by reports. Main tasks of the Unit are as follows:
- To prepare plans and programs at regional level and in sectoral areas with the participation of local actors,
- To prepare regional development plans with participatory methods in line with National Development Plan and other national plans,
- To prepare operational programs in line with regional development plans ,
- To make research for increasing economic, social and cultural development and to increase competitiveness,
- To make research for determining problems, solution offers, potentials and priorities of the region,
- To carry on activities for increasing capacity in cooperation with local, national and international institutions,
- To support planning activities of local authorities technically
- To prepare annual work plan and budget offer of development agency,
- To prepare the interim report and annual activity report of development agency,
- To determine the frame of financial support programs and their budgets in accordance with regional plan and programs,
- To compose a data base about the statistics of the region and to update,
- To prepare the result reports of regional plans, data and research reports,
- To analyze investment programs in national and international arena,
- To make research for increasing institutional capacity of the development agency and for improving potentials,
- To carry on innovative, research and development processes and to prepare strategies.
Program Management Unit
Program Management Unit is responsible for management of financial and technical supports determined in accordance with regional plan and programs. The Unit deals with whole process of supporting including launching call for proposals, receiving applications and signing contracts. Main duties of the Unit are as follows:
- To set general framework of implementation of supported projects and to update it,
- To determine application and evaluation criteria in accordance with “Support Management Guide”
- To prepare application guidelines and to distribute them and also to publish guidelines for Technical Supports and Direct Activity Support on website,
- To implement Guided Projects, Direct Activity Support and Technical Support Programmes,
- To announce and inform about the support programmes effectively in the region in cooperation with “Promotion and Cooperation Unit”,
- To plan and carry on Project Cycle Management Trainings for potential applicants,
- To publish “Frequently Asked Questions” on website including all questions of potential applicants and answers to those questions which will also provide equal opportunities,
- To accept project applications and to register them,
- To make corrections about Call for Proposals when needed,
- To determine criteria for selecting Independent Assessors who will evaluate the applications and to act an active role in selecting them,
- To evaluate performance of Independent Assessors,
- To plan and manage project evaluation process,
- To announce successful and unsuccessful project applications after evaluation of Assessment Committee and approval of Board of Directors,
- To inform applicants about results of evaluation process with reasons,
- To revişe budgets of successful projects and to inform applicants before contracting process,
- To invite successful project applicants for signing contracts,
- To save data of project applications, evaluation processes and successful projects,
- To transfer required data of projects and related documents to the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit.
- To carry on financial management of programs,
- To cooperate with local, national and international institutions in carrying on activities of the Unit,
- To analyze payment demands and audit reports and to make final payment of successful projects applied for the Technical Support Programme,
- To take required measures for irregularities about programs and projects.
Monitoring and Evaluation Unit
Monitoring and Evaluation Unit is responsible for monitoring and evaluation of grant programs projects and activities supported by the Agency within the framework of the regional plan and regional operational programs. The Unit provides regular monitoring of support activities to ensure the use of resources of the Agency in line with regional plans and operational programs and to achieve more efficient, effective and sustainable results. It also deals closely with success of implementation of projects and activities supported by the Agency, their competence with laws and procedures, and problems and needs of beneficiaries. Main duties of the Unit are as follows:
- To monitor, audit and evaluate the supported activities and projects and to report the results to the Board of Directors and Ministry of Development,
- To make ex-ante, mid-term and ex-post evaluations of supported projects/activities, to evaluate improvements in performance indicators and to prepare periodic evaluation reports,
- To prepare impact assessment reports of programmes implemented and projects/activities supported by the agency, in order to analyse impacts, results and success degrees in regard of regional development,
- To ensure appropriate and effective use of resources of the Agency in the implementation process of projects and activities, which are technically or financially supported by the Agency,
- In the coordination of Ministry of Development, to contribute to the preparation of legal and administrative framework of monitoring and evaluation of financial and technical supports; basic principles and rules, responsibilities, standards of documents, rules binding beneficiaries,
- To coordinate the monitoring information system which is designed for monitoring the supported projects and activities,
- To prepare contracts which will be signed with beneficiaries who have qualified to receive supports from Agency and to active participation in the contracting process,
- To make ex-ante monitoring visits to projects if found necessary by Secretariat General before the contracting process,
- To confirm the truth of the information given in contracts after the contracts are signed, to assess the implementation capacity of beneficiaries and to prepare a road-map for the implementation of the action with beneficiaries, to report to Secretariat General about pre-financing and its amount according to the risk and need assessment of project,
- To inform to beneficiaries on subjects like project/activity implementation and procurement procedures, the use of monitoring information system and reporting, etc.,
- To assist beneficiaries in obstacles and problems occurred in the implementation process of projects/activities,
- To make monitoring visits to supported projects/activities,
- To assist projects and activities which are on implementation stage to reach foreseen objectives and targets
- To take measure by identifying risks; and to operate actions on contract amendments, annulments, irregularity and pay-backs when it is necessary,
- To evaluate narrative/final reports and requests for payments of beneficiaries, to ensure on time payments, to audit the expenses,
- To compile beneficiaries questions about their projects and activities and to publish these questions with their answers in the web under the title of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Supporting Services Unit
Supporting Services Unit is responsible for ensuring internal communication and coordination of the agency and managing human resources policy. Executive Assistant, Personnel and Administrative Affairs, Information Technologies and Accounting Finance departments are located within the Supporting Services Unit. Main tasks of the unit are as follows:
- To ensure internal communication and coordination of the agency,
- To manage human resources policy of the agency,
- To provide the needs of the agency,
- To carry on personnel assignment activities,
- To pursue tenders conducted through service procurement,
- To organize meetings of Board of Directors and Development Committee.
Investment Support Offices
Investment Support Offices carry on their activities in Erzurum, Erzincan and Bayburt provinces. Main tasks of investment support offices are as follows:
- To guide and inform investors about supports of development agencies,
- To inform investors about incentives and supports provided by other national and international institutions,
- To inform investors about investment opportunities and potentials of the region,
- To make pre-evaluation of applications,
- To accept and pursue applications of investors,
- To follow permits, licenses and other administrative procedures on behalf of investors,
- To follow the solution of problems faced by investors
- To save documents related to the accepted projects for 5 years,
- To promote the region’s business and investment opportunities in national and international levels,
- To prepare monthly activity reports and to forward them to the secretariat general and the governorship,
- To provide local coordination during planning supports and investment strategies,
- To publish documents on activities of the unit,
- To support and coordinate international investment, support and promotion activities,
- To announce loan and grant opportunities provided by national and international organizations for the purpose of project financing and giving information to the relevant institutions about these issues.
Promotion and Coorparation Unit
Promotion and Cooperation Unit is responsible for promotion of region’s potentials and promotion of the institution both at national and international level. The duties of the Unit are as follows:
- To promote development agency in accordance with the mission and vision,.
- To provide cooperation and coordination between national and foreign development agencies, public institutions, non-governmental organizations, private entities and other relavent institutions and to prepare joint projects,
- To make field visits to raise awareness about Development Agency’s functions,
- To make info and promotion meetings about units of development agency and Investment Support Offices,
- To promote and to enrich brand value of the region,
- To prepare brochures, folders, agendas and similar materials in accordance with visibility rules,
- To create a good image of development agency,
- To communicate with institutions on the basis of cooperation and knowledge sharing,
- To organise workshops, panels, conferences, symposiums and fairs in accordance with the mission of develoment agency.
- To participate and contribute to the meetings about the region’s development issues arranged by other instituions,
- To use press and media for promotion, to follow written and visiual media and to prepare related reports,
- To announce credit and grant programmes of national and international institutions on web site for reaching large masses and for informing,
- To follow and acquire publications in sectoral, cultural, economic and social issues.
- To prepare communication policy in accordance with the principles of information and transperancy.
- To provide feedback, evaluate and make reports about efficiency of activities of development agency.
In addition to these the PR officer in the unit is responsible for doing the followings:
- To carry out PR activities and to create a good image of development agency,
- To acquire written and visual materials newsworthy for institution,
- To prepare editorial content of web site,
- To make media plan and search,
- To be in contact with press and media representatives,
- To provide right and quick flow of information by using communication tools effectively,
- To save institutional information and data gathered within activities of development agency in the database.