Interest support is a type of non-repayable support of the Agency that meets interest expenses of funds to be drawn from intermediary institutions.
b)Interest Free Credit Support
Interest Free Credit Support is a non-repayable financial support drawn from relevant intermediary institutions. Beneficiaries pay the subject credit back to the Northeast Anatolia Development Agency on the basis of procedures mentioned in public act of Development Agencies.
c. Direct Financial Support
Direct financial support involves non-repayable supports which are provided by the development agency generally upon call for proposals. On the other hand, with an exception, the agency can also provide Direct Activity Support and Guided Project Support without call for proposal in order to lessen its liabilities of project preparation or to manage the project preparation process itself.
1. Call for Proposal
Call for Proposal is an invitation for potential applicants, carrying necessary qualifications, to submit project proposals which have to comply with the pre-determined subjects and conditions. The details regarding the call for proposal will be involved in the publication notice as well as the application guide.
The minimum and maximum amounts of support per project can differ upon the special conditions of the support program. While determining these limits, factors such as general and special objectives of the program, the qualifications of potential applicants, the appropriate project subjects and their costs, program budget and the relevant legislation are considered.
The co-finance rate of projects submitted by profit making real and legal persons and supported by the Northeast Anatolia Development Agency is to be at least 50% of total relevant cost where this rate cannot be decreased in any case. On the other hand this rate of co-finance can be increased by taking into account the socio-economic development level of the region.
2. Guided Project Support
Guided Project Support is designed for providing financial and technical supports to projects contributing acceleration of regional development and enhancement of entrepreneurship and innovation capacity of the region.
The Agency determines the project areas to be supported with its general framework and also the possible actors competent to implement it. In this type of support, cooperation among public sector, private sector and nongovernmental organizations is highly encouraged.
3. Direct Activity Support Program
The aim of the Direct Activity Support Program is to provide financial support for strategic research, planning and feasibility studies targeted to make contribution to local/regional development, and improve the implementation capacity of regional progress and plans. The Direct Activity Support Program apparently complies with legislation and is undertaken in the frame of national plans and programs.
Direct Activity Support Program supports activities that do not contain any investment component. The time duration for the projects financed under this program is maximum three months. The three month implementation phase begins just one day after contract is signed.
Municipalities, universities, other public institutions, professional organizations with public institution status, Non-Governmental Organizations, Unions and Cooperatives are only institutions/organizations that can benefit from Direct Activity Support Program.
Under this program, the Northeast Anatolia Development Agency provides financial support for activities defined in line with strategic priorities determined for regional development. Therefore, the projects that will be prepared must comply with the plans and programs in implementation. Some activities that can receive Direct Activity Support are as following;
– The activities important for development and increasing competitiveness power of region,
– The activities necessary to take urgent precautions in order to prevent threats and risks for region’s economy,
– The activities oriented to detection and promotion of investment opportunities of the region in national as well as international arena,
– The research and planning works having critical importance for the region especially in relation to improving the capacity of innovation and entrepreneurship of the region,
– The activities oriented to promoting, preserving and developing of environmental, historical, natural and social values,
– The activities directed to launching and realizing of strategic acts,
– The works that will have an impact on large-scale investment decisions in short term and contribute to leading of these decisions,
– The works that will contribute to development end leading of human resources in the region.